Bella: I got thinking about this topic while watching the Australian Tennis Open this evening. I was watching Rafael Nadal in a match and thinking that if it wasn't for the 42 degree heat, he probably wouldn't even be breaking a sweat. This guy was born to play tennis! It made me wonder about some of the things that I used to wish doing for a career. I couldn't help but wonder; what if I had had an epiphany at 5 years old that made me realise exactly what it was that I should be? What if I knew and I had all the resolve in the world to pursue this dream until I achieved it? What career could I possibly be doing today? But like a lot of people, I changed my mind almost monthly about what I aspired to finally be doing when I 'grew up'. I've changed jobs and career paths quite a few times so far and even though I'm very happy in what I do now....I sometimes wonder what else could be out there for me. Here are some of the careers I have wanted to pursue in my life:
- Travel Writer
- Event Planner
- Small business owner (of numerous weird and wonderful ideas)
- And the list goes on....
Frankie: I had a dream....a dream, to be a 'Chocolate Taster'...
I had many aspirations when I was younger. It's funny how, when you're younger you have all these crazy ideas of what you would like to do with your life, but then as you get older, this 'optimism', sort of just vanishes. And then, we're just left with more, practical and 'realistic' goals. Why don't we keep that young mind set in our lives just a bit longer. I think that's what we need more of...some reckless abandon in our lives to instill some fresh ideas and hope!!! Life's too serious.
So my dreams were...
- Own my own magazine publication called 'Yazz' (I even did a mock up edition)
- Part-Time photographer
- Own a hand made card and stationery store
- Be an inventor (Of what, I wasn't sure :)
- And more recently, I have been dreaming about the idea of going into business with the family and becoming a designer of classic apparel.
- Oh, and of course, I have wanted to open an exquisite 'Chocolate' Store for fine lovers of chocolate...