Monday, March 16, 2009

TwinSpeak: Why Not Monday : 16th March

Welcome to a second week of 'Why say Why when you can say Why Not Monday'!

Bella: As you know, last week we decided to give Monday's and official name and event! Because most people need that extra little push at the beginning of the week, we thought it was high time to use this as an excuse and start using Monday's to do some goal planning.

Just to recap, Last week I decided
instead of complaining or getting annoyed whenever something doesn't go my way, I think why not try and find the positive in every situation and something to be grateful for. Why not change my outlook for the rest of this week and see if I'm a better person for it. This was definitely a challenging goal for me and one that I might need to revisit again but I'm happy to say that I did focus on the task even though I had a few touch and go moments.

This week I'm choosing to focus on my health and I've decided:
Why Not finally begin a detox plan that I've been wanting to do for so long!

I have told myself countless times that I should really one day do a detox plan to cleanse my system. I've been feeling sluggish and just plain average for a few months now so what better opportunity to start? I've investigated a few detox options out there. I don't want to go on a full liquid diet for the first time and there are some pretty extreme options like this on the market. I've opted for a 10 day detox plan incorporating natural supplements while also focusing on a restricted diet. Well this sounded do-able to me. I can still eat on this plan but just have to make sure I stick to a light diet for the week. Suits me fine.

So I'll keep you updated on this little adventure throughout the week.

Frankie: My last week's "Why Not Monday" thought was: "Why not say 'Hi' to a complete stranger each day this week."

Well, this 'Why Not' had some interesting turn of events. I had some great responses and some not so friendly ones. All in all, it was a fun experience anticipating how the next person would react to a stranger approaching them and saying Hi. Such a simple thing and yet, some people have become so weary of this gesture. Anyway, my 'WNM' task for this week is going to be...

Why not go to coffee with that guy at work who asked me? The catch is, well I am seeing someone and he just broke up with his someone.

I was quite taken aback when he asked me to go for coffee because he isn't someone that I regularly talk to at work. But he assured me that he was only asking because he always saw me at my lunch break reading and he thought it would be nice to get out of the office?? Okay then.

Now Bella thinks that I should go for a casual coffee with this guy. You know, initiate the offer so nothing gets too awkward at work between us now. I thought that this might confuse the situation but Bella argues that the guy made his intentions known, "just as mates, to get out of the office, nothing else" and well, I told him I was seeing someone so, it's all good right??

So, my why not Monday is going to be about casually going for a coffee one day, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing out of my way, if I just happen to be going for coffee, I might just ask the guy to come...yeah that should be okay right??

1 comments:

Shawn said...

I'll be interested in seeing how it all works out!