Monday, March 9, 2009

TwinSpeak: Why say Why when you can say Why Not Monday

Unlike most days of the week, Monday is one where we need that little bit more motivation to get us going. Once Monday's past, it seems the week starts to get better and we begin to look forward to the rest of the week. We're all familiar with Hump Wednesday, the much anticipated middle of the week which takes us that much closer to....Foot Loose and Fancy Free Friday. I even know some people who refer to Tuesday as; Tomorrow is Hump Wednesday Tuesday. Well we thought it was only fitting to give the most important day of the week an official term as well.

Bella: From now on we are going to refer to Monday as "Why say Why when you can say Why Not Monday". More often that not, it seems that Monday can bring out the worst in us perhaps because it signifies the beginning of another long, hard week. In anticipation or dread of what lays ahead, it's almost as if we already have the mindset to be negative so at least then we're not too disappointed when something does go bad. Maybe we're not all like this to this degree but I think we can all relate to the Monday Blues?

We want to put a stop to this mindset and try and put a positive spin on the day that most people look forward to the least. From now on, why don't we treat Monday as the day to stop saying 'Why' and start saying 'Why Not'? Let's start setting challenges for ourselves on Monday's so we do have something to look forward to and we do have a positive outlook.

It can be a small goal to start with and even something as simple as deciding to say hello to every person you come across for the day? Whatever it is, it's something to work towards and achieve. Monday can be our day where we step out of our comfort zones and try something new and different. After all....the beginning of the week should signify the beginning of change too?


Today instead of complaining or getting annoyed whenever something doesn't go my way, I think why not try and find the positive in every situation and something to be grateful for. Why not change my outlook for the rest of this week and see if I'm a better person for it.

Frankie: Okay, so my 'Why Not Monday" thought is: "Why not say 'Hi' to a complete stranger each day this week."

I don't like putting myself out of my comfort zone and this gesture, even though small, does make me uncomfortable. So, I am going to say 'Hello' to at least one stranger each day this week :)

Of course, I will be a little selective and ensure that my stranger looks moderately harmless :) but this can be my first, small why not? Who knows what changes this could bring :)

0 comments: