Bella: I find myself not walking or running but limping as fast as I can towards the finish line. The working year is almost at its end and yet for me it couldn't come fast enough. And it's not just me who, let's say is a bit snappy, No, it's everyone in the office. We are at our wits end with how busy the last few weeks have been and with all the crazies coming out of the woodwork. I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's the season but some questions I've been asked by clients recently...just don't make sense. I have to wonder if their driveways don't quite meet the road??
A few of the most annoying comments I've received in the last few weeks include:
- Client: Well before we make a decision if we want to proceed with this job, can you show us an example of how it will look? Me: Um no....because that would be doing the job anyway...for free!
- Client: What is the fastest you can turn this around? Me: 3-4 business days. Client: Can you do it by the end of today? Me: Umm...no (scratch head...am I talking another language??)
- Client: We want the design to be flash! Me: (Getting out my dictionary of ridiculous client brief definitions) Flash...um do you mean flash as in stylish or flash as in Flash animated?? Client: Oh how silly, I forget that not everyone talks like me. Flash as in stylish. Me: Great..thanks for clearing that up.
- Client: We're unsure what direction we want to go in...can you show us your other clients work to get an idea? Me: Umm..no, that would be plagiarism.
- Client: Hi, we're working on a job and wondering if you could just tweak it a bit. Me: Sure...(I quote the design fee). Client: Oh...well we didn't think there would be a charge...we didn't allow for that in the budget. Me: Umm...helllooooo..we don't work for free!!!!
And on and on and on it goes. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!